Boler family and JCU board members donate $15 million to create the Boler College of Business

Photo courtesy of John Carroll University.

Pam Mason, a retiring professor in the political science department, shares her story with The Carroll News.

Olivia Shackleton, Campus Editor

John Carroll University announced the establishment of the Boler College of Business, on May 15, 2018.

The University announced the Inspired Lives Campaign, which has received a total of $15 million to create the John M. and Mary Jo Boler College of Business. Previously named the Boler School of Business, the Boler College of Business will include two new schools: the School of Accountancy and Information Science and the School of Leadership and Social Innovation.

Pictured above is the new logo for the Boler College of Business. Photo courtesy of John Carroll University.

The Boler College of Business has five priorities that it looks to advance and develop: the School of Accountancy and Information Science, the School of Leadership and Social Innovation, Finance and Capital Markets, Professional Development and Infrastructure and Boler Global.

The Boler family donated $10 million to the campaign, and John Carroll board members gave an additional five million. The campaign’s goal is to raise a total of $25 million to transform the Boler School of Business into the Boler College of Business.

Matt Boler, son of John and Mary Jo Boler, spoke at the announcement of the campaign, “We honor our father’s legacy and commitment to John Carroll University by making this leadership gift. We challenge others to join us by investing in this innovative Jesuit business education for a changing world.”

Michael Johnson, John Carroll’s new president, spoke about the future of the Boler College, “The vision for what the Boler College can achieve with new schools and programs will have a powerful impact on how we teach and prepare our students for careers in business.”

The Boler family, including Matt Boler, Mary Jo Lombardo Boler and siblings, Judy Boler McCormack, Jill Boler McCormack, Jim Boler and Mike Boler, were all present for the campaign’s kickoff.

“Our work is not done. Today we invest in the future of business education, growing a school into a college and inspiring many business lives to come,” said Johnson.

For more information about the Boler College of Business, visit http://go.jcu.edu/BolerCollege.