“Princess Diaries 3” Rumors Might Become True

Dana Shugrue, Staff Reporter

Almost 20 years have passed since we first heard about Mia Thermopolis, played by Anne Hathaway, and the royal city of Genovia from “The Princess Diaries.”

First released in July of 2001, Hathaway has used her role to inspire high school students to dream big because someday you may rule an entire kingdom, right?

As of now, we know that Mia took over as queen, abolished the law of royal marriage and opened up a children’s home for orphans.

In a recent interview with Andy Cohen on Bravo, Hathaway confirmed that a script for “The Princess Diaries 3” is in the works, and the old crew wants to make it happen.

In fact, her exact quote reads as follows: “There is a script for the third movie. I want to do it. Julie (Andrews) wants to do it. Debra Martin Chase, our producer, wants to do it. We all really want it to happen. It’s just we don’t want to do it unless it’s perfect because we love it just as much as you guys love it.”

When asked about the upcoming “Princess Diaries” film, Junior Danielle Brinkmann said: “I love the first two movies, and I’m worried the third one won’t live up to my expectations.”

This exciting news has fans speculating about the next “Princess Diaries” storyline.

Could Princess Mia have an heir to the throne? What will the palace look like 14 years after Genovea was last seen on the big screen? Only time will tell, but these potential plot changes and developments should be kept in mind.

“I really hope the third movie includes the cool princess closet from the first two,” Said Senior Julia Ruggiero. “It’s too important to leave out!”

A considerable amount of time will pass before the third “Princess Diaries” film hits theaters, so fans have plenty of time to binge-watch the original film and its sequel. Unfortunately, however, both films left Netflix streaming this month — a royal petition is in order.