Horoscope: What class should you take based on your zodiac sign?

In+the+first+installment+of+The+Carroll+News+Horoscope%2C+Nicolette+Noce+tells+you+what+class+you+should+take+based+on+your+zodiac+sign.+Graphic+by+Corinne+McDevitt.+

Corinn

In the first installment of The Carroll News Horoscope, Nicolette Noce tells you what class you should take based on your zodiac sign. Graphic by Corinne McDevitt.

Nicolette Noce, Assistant Campus Editor

Most of us struggle when it comes to choosing the right courses but what if you could pick the perfect classes that will be most helpful and interesting to you based upon your respected zodiac sign? 

With the start of the fall semester comes the start of a new course schedule. While we might be permanently committed to the schedule we created for this semester, that doesn’t mean we can’t start thinking about which courses we might be interested in pursuing in the semesters to come. 

This semester JCU is offering 924 courses across 36 departments. Below you can find which John Carroll class was written in the stars for you. 

Aries (March 21 – April 19): As the most active sign, Aries pride themselves on staying active and maintaining their fitness routines. They have a passion for health and wellness and their external image. This sign will highly benefit from the Exercise Science & Allied Health department’s Lifestyle Wellness course which provides in-depth information about health and lifelong wellness. 

Pisces (February 19 – March 20): This sensitive sign always find themselves in the service of just causes. While they are empathic and in tune with the needs of others, sometimes their emotions can cause panic under pressure. Through the Exercise Science & Allied Health department’s Advanced First Aid and Emergency Care course, Pisces’ learners can better understand how to stay calm in emergencies while still lovingly helping others.  

Aquarius (January 20 – February 18): Being one of the most progressive signs, Aquarius’ are always looking toward the future and how things could be. They are imaginative and interested in the humanities. Through the English department’s Dreamworlds course, Aquarius scholars will participate in in-depth literature pertaining to utopias and dystopias, through this course students will gain a fresh perspective on political action and social reform. 

Capricorn (December 22 – January 19): As one of the most financially savvy signs, Capricorns are ambitious and calculating, these qualities make them wired for success. With a disciplined attitude, they are fond of numbers and structure. In the Economics program’s Money and Banking class, Capricorn students can learn more about money, credit and the historical development of the U.S. financial system. This course will help in furthering your personal and professional dreams. 

Sagittarius (November 22 – December 21): The curious, adventure-seeking Sagittarius is passionate about exploring new concepts and learning new things. In the Engineering Physics’s How Things Work course, the Sagittarius student will have an opportunity to immerse themselves in studies of physics and science in everyday life. 

Scorpio (October 23 – November 21): As a goal-driven sign with a passion for addressing the truth, Scorpios like to gather all the facts before making a conclusion. The Education and School Psychology discipline’s Making Sense of Data course is perfect for the articulate Scorpio. By paying attention to the big picture and using technical detail, this course offers an intro to statistical reasoning. 

Libra (September 23 – October 22): With a natural gift of attention to detail and the ability to envision Libras will enjoy the JCU Communication department’s Event Planning class. As a strategic communicator Libras will enjoy learning more about how to successfully plan meetings and special events as well as perfect their project management skills. 

Virgo (August 23 – September 22): As one of the most analytical signs, born with a practical built-in lie detector machine, Virgos will thrive in the Communication department’s Detecting Bullshit course. Through this course learn how to detect fake news and lies spread through the media. Comb through case studies with your keen Virgo senses. 

Leo (July 23 – August 22): As one of the most social signs, Leos never shy away from any kind of celebration. With their flashy outfits and enjoyment in being the focus of attention, any Leo would love to learn more about the holiday season through the Theology and Religious Studies department’s History of Christmas course. 

Cancer (June 21 – July 22): While cancers make great friends and are extremely loyal, they don’t always have the best track record when it comes to managing money. The Wealth Management and Financial Planning program’s Intro to Financial Planning would be a wonderful course for any Cancer wanting to learn more about budgeting, investing, or debt management. 

Gemini (May 21 – June 20): This star sign loves socializing and is a natural communicator. Boler Professional Development’s  Living Inspired course is perfect for any soon-to-be graduating Gemini. This course focuses on the importance of networking and staying connected with business ties after college and beyond. With the gift of gab, Geminis will thrive in this socially directed course. 

Taurus (April 20 – May 20): As the zodiac sign most likely to work as a company CEO, it might be useful for those born under this sign to take the Arts and Sciences course called, Modeling Success. In this course, students learn about important mentoring opportunities and evaluate traits, approaches, and styles of successful leaders. Through motivation, adversity and goal setting, students can better understand what it takes to be successful. As a future CEO, president, or executive you’ll need this class.