Nick Sack selected editor-in-chief of The Carroll News

The new editor-in-chief of The Carroll News

The Carroll News has selected former Managing Editor Nick Sack ‘23 as the editor-in-chief for the 2021-2022 school year.

Sack began writing for The Carroll News his first semester at John Carroll and quickly became Staff Reporter and Copy Editor during his freshman year. After that, he was chosen for the position of World News Editor at the start of the 2020-2021 school year. 

As World News Editor, Sack began his weekly political column, “Nick Explains,” where he explained current issues for average people. In that time, Sack also served as the Elections Editor during the 2020 election, live tweeting election night.

For the 2021-2022 school year, Sack was selected to be Managing Editor, serving as the right hand man for former Editor-in-Chief, TJ Lindstrom ‘23. 

“Ever since my senior year of high school, I’ve wanted to write for the newspaper,” Sack said. “It’s such an important service on campus and in a community. The exchange of knowledge and information is what keeps our society moving forward together. I’m extremely excited to be given the opportunity to work as editor-in-chief.”

With a Political Science major and Communications minor, Sack is passionate about campaigns. However, what he loves most about The Carroll News is its role at John Carroll.

“In my mind, The Carroll News is one of the most crucial parts of the JCU community,” Sack said. “With so many expansions, renovations and excitement on campus, it’s hugely important that the community stays informed. The Carroll News is built upon decades of legacy, so I’ll be taking my position very seriously, as I know that those who came before me did as well.”

Sack is grateful for the previous leaders of the paper. “I’ve learned everything I know about journalism from my previous editors-in-chief, so I’m excited to pass the knowledge down to a new generation of journalists,” he said.

Sack will be joined by Managing Editor Laken Kincaid, the former Campus Editor who is  a Political Science and Communications major.

“It has been a pleasure to work with Nick Sack and past Editor-in-Chief, TJ Lindstrom, this year,” Kincaid said. “If I can do half as well as those who have held the position before me, the paper will be in great shape!”

Together, Sack and Kincaid hope to carry the momentum of The Carroll News’ online presence and create more interesting content for the students of John Carroll.