Nicole Loudin inducted into Baldwin Wallace Hall of Fame

JCU+head+softball+coach+Nicole+Loudin+during+a+game+at+Schweickert+Field+on+campus.+

JCU head softball coach Nicole Loudin during a game at Schweickert Field on campus.

Darrell Lane, Staff Reporter

Nicole Loudin has been the head coach of the John Carroll University softball team for seven seasons. During that time, she’s compiled 105 wins, 50 of which have come in Ohio Athletic Conference play.

Loudin was honored for the impact she made at another school,  playing for the Baldwin Wallace Yellow Jackets, an OAC rival. On Saturday, Oct. 26, Loudin will be inducted into the Baldwin Wallace Yellow Jackets Alumni Athletic Association Hall of Fame.

“It is a huge honor. It is a reflection of all the work that I have put into my career. There is a lot of amazing athletes that are in the Hall of Fame. To me, to be counted among one of them would be great.”

Loudin was a Yellow Jacket from 2003-2006, While Loudin played with Baldwin Wallace, she had quite the career. She was a four-year varsity starter serving three seasons at catcher, one as a shortstop.

She holds numerous records in the Baldwin Wallace all-time rankings. She is ninth in career hits with 161, third in runs scored with 119, tenth in doubles with 27, second in runs batted in with 123, second in season runs scored with 40 and first in home runs with 37.  

“It was a lot of hard work. I tell my players that I put up some big numbers,” she said jokingly. “There was a lot of time dedicated. It was a lot of hard work and effort during my four years at Baldwin Wallace.”

Loudin was well aware that this was an incredible individual accomplishment, however, she went out of her way to make a point that this is just not a personal accomplishment. 

“I could not have done any of it without the help of my teammates or coaches,” she said. “I have so many people to thank that I do not want to miss someone. It is a tremendous honor, but they are the real reason I am being recognized.”

The Blue Streaks and Yellow Jackets will play twice next season.  Then, Coach Loudin will coach her first game against her former team as a Hall of Famer.