Streaks of the Week (2/14)

Streaks of the Week (2/14)

Kyle Kelly, Sports Editor

Each week The Carroll News sports section names five Blue Streak athletes “Streaks of the Week”. Congratulations to this week’s athletes on their outstanding performances.

Men’s Basketball: Freshman, Emmett Chambers

Emmett Chambers

The freshman center from St. Edward’s High School impressed with his six-point, five-rebound performance against the Polar Bears on Feb. 9. Chambers compiled this stat-line in a matter of just 13 minutes.

Women’s Basketball: Senior, Kahrin Spear

Kahrin Spear

Down in Ada, Ohio, Spear was the X-Factor for the Blue and Gold in their 56-54 win over the Polar Bears on Feb. 9. She had a game high 15 points off of 5-of-8 shooting from three-point; she also added four assists.

Wrestling: Sophomore, Sam Gross

Sam Gross

Gross swept the mats this weekend at the JCU Open with his 4-0 record on Feb. 10. With his four wins, he took reigns of first place in the 165-pound weight class. His most impressive victory was 2-1 in the title match.

Men’s Track and Field: Sophomore, Deven Ward

Deven Ward

Ward continued his success in Blue and Gold with his win in the 60-meter at the All-Ohio Championships hosted by Otterbein University in Westerville, Ohio on Feb. 9. He finished the race in a winning time of 6.98 seconds.

Women’s Track and Field: Freshman, Sarah Johnson

Sarah Johnson

Johnson won  the 60-meter race (7.88) in Westerville, Ohio at the All-Ohio Championship on Feb. 9. Additionally, she placed third in the 200-meter dash with a time of 26.33 seconds, and took sixth in the long jump.